[time-nuts] Beaglebone NTP server

folkert folkert at vanheusden.com
Sun Dec 7 15:09:11 EST 2014

> > I have a Z3805A and a Beaglebone, and would like to set up an NTP
> > server for the lab.  Any kernel drivers and/or setup hints would be
> > appreciated :)
> >

> Actually, I was thinking of doing exactly the same thing.  I am interested
> in any answers for this too.

If compiling a kernel is required and too daunting, then there's
rpi_gpio_ntp: http://www.vanheusden.com/time/rpi_gpio_ntp/
Initially only for raspberry pi but I noticed I made it generic enough
to work on all linux systems with pps via gpio.
On my rpi the jitter is between 2 and 10us iirc but it is a while since
I tested it. A quick peak shows me currently 3us jitter. Not bad for a
userspace solution imho.

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail รจ uno flexible tool per seguire di logfiles e effettuazione
di commissioni. Feltrare, provedere da colore, merge, 'diff-view',