[time-nuts] Beaglebone NTP server

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 02:41:43 EST 2014

From: Chris Albertson

Really?   The PPS to GPIO interface is handles in user space?  It is not
interrupt driven?
In the implementations I've seen the critical real time work is done inside
the PPS interrupt handler and then of course ntpd runs in userland and can
take as much time as it needs

Folkert's solution was very helpful, but there is now kernel-mode PPS
support for a GPIO pin the current Raspberry Pi Linux - see:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html#easy

I'm running that on a couple of systems here.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk