[time-nuts] Beaglebone NTP server

Thu Dec 11 03:12:52 EST 2014

> Getting a BBB to take 10MHz refclk input (in the fashion of
> http://www.febo.com/pages/soekris/)
> and being able to timestamp _multiple_ PPS signals via the PRUs would
> make for a pretty awesome time-nuts toy.

This is quite do-able and I posted a few weeks ago with the details of
where to poke the soldering iron.
https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2014-November/088385.html

Once you attach a bit of coax the only limit is how deep your pockets
are, you can use whatever reference you want to clock the BBB. An OXCO
will likely provide the best performance for most of us (for the same
reasons as using one in a GPSDO).

For kicks, I ran my BBB locked directly to a GPS module for a short
while. That is, using a x12 PLL to create 24mhz from a ublox module
configured to output 2mhz. (I don't recommend anyone actually uses this
configuration btw, but it was fun to actually see it work)

Cheers

Simon