[time-nuts] Soekris without a GPS receiver.

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Sun Dec 28 02:51:55 EST 2014

> Le 28 déc. 2014 à 08:16, David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> a écrit :
>

> Thanks to Mike to his observations on the driver - using stock NTP would be easier except that as a Windows person I would be lost (or very slow and incompetent) at building a NanoBSD image myself).

 You don’t need to build NanoBSD, just the NTP app.  If you can telnet/ssh (I use putty) to the box from a windows machine and ftp from the box, you can get the standard NTP tar file from ntp.org and do a configure / make. It will be worth the effort. My 4501s have all died, but they did make great NTP servers and don’t consume much power. The are fire and forget. I had uptime longer than a year. I still have 4801s running NTP under FreeBSD. If you want make/configuration aid, better to shift this thread to the ntp list.