[time-nuts] Measuring TV delays

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 2 10:18:53 EST 2014

On 1/1/14 10:28 PM, David J Taylor wrote:
> From: Hal Murray
>
> Are there any events similar to New Years where some specific countdown
> time
> is shown on TV?

Rocket launches, although typically not on live TV any more. More likely
streamed (at least that's how I watch them).  In the "post launch
tracking" part, there's usually a display showing TAI/UTC along with
various parameters (perigee, apogee, etc).  I always wait until perigee
is >100km before really believing it's successful.

But if you can get a feed from China or India, they're pretty big on
publicizing their space program, so they might have live news feeds.