[time-nuts] sine to square wave converter

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Jul 11 06:28:51 EDT 2014

Bruce,
please make those tests it will help me to how to proceed and probably many
 other time nuts.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 7/11/2014 3:50:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bruce at ko4bb.com writes:

The  Achilles heel of that biasing technique is that the emitter currents
of  the
pair of pnp's is affected by the noise on the 20V supply.
The 20V  supply noise is only attenuated by a factor of 5 or so when  both
transistors have equal collector currents.

I have both an LTC  evaluation board for the LTC6957 and a Holzworth sine
to CMOS
converter as  well as a Timepod so I could measure the phase noise of both
of
these for  various 10MHz input signal levels.

Bruce