[time-nuts] Setting Windows XP clock.

DaveH info at blackmountainforge.com
Sat Jul 12 20:40:34 EDT 2014

Hi Max

You do not want to have your XP box connected to the internet at all.

This is not something that can be dealt with by any anti-virus software you
are running.

There are parts of XP that can be exploited by an outside hacker. Software
can be installed and run on your system without your knowledge and your
system can be used for sending out spam and hosting illegal files or data
(people's credit card numbers, kiddie porn, etc...) This is done so the
vendor of these files is innocent if their own site is raided.  They direct
their customers to their network of zombie systems whenever a sale is made.

These dangers are real and happening now.

Same thing with Win98 and anything earlier - disconnect them from the
internet ___NOW___

Get Linux and WINE and you will be secure.

http://www.winehq.org/

Dave