[time-nuts] Synergy-GPS SSR-6tru problems

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Wed Jul 16 14:54:04 EDT 2014

Dennis,

I fooled around with PUBX 41, and can't get the board to respond.  I
think that with the original board, I *once* got some PUBX messages, but at this point I am only seeing NMEA broadcasts.  That once may have
been when I was using a serial port instead of the USB I'm using right
now.  This evening I will get in with the scope and do come comparisons
on the 10-pin connector to see if there are differences between then the UT+
is plugged in and the SSR-6tru mounted on the adapter card.  I have an
ftdi adapter that I may put on as well if nothing else gives any
results.

I don't have the ability to deal with those .05" spaced pins on the GPS
board's connector, or to supply the 3V power.  But, if needs be, I can
get a connector, put in a 3V regulator, and give that a try.  Come to
think of it: one of my little USB to TTL adapter boards can supply 3V.
Maybe I can use some mini-clips to jumper directly to the .05" pins on the GPS board, let the USB adapter
supply the 3V, and give that a try.  I'm a bit leery of going that
route, though.  If I get pins mixed up and blow the board I've wasted
all this time for nothing.

Bob