[time-nuts] quartz oscillator injection locking

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat Jul 19 20:24:38 EDT 2014

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014 16:45:14 -0400
paul swed <paulswedb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Attilla I did look at some of the documents. But none showed practical HF
> class injection locking. Say as an example a 6 MHz xtal to a 1 or 2 MHz
> reference.
> It maybe as easy as a single transistor in the oscillators ground lead.
> Always on till a brief pulse from the 1 or 2 MHz ref cuts it off. I think I
> just talked myself into an attempt.

Yes, most of the papers in this area are quite theoretic. So far i've
not found anything applicable to time-nuts kind of use. Those papers
that deal with real world injection locking are mostly for integrated
circuits (90° phase shifter, frequency doubler or divider) and thus
are quite specific to the environments there.

I have not gone trough the math in detail and calculated what would
would come out in a injection locked quartz crystal. Maybe i should sit
down and do the math...

			Attila Kinali
--
I pity people who can't find laughter or at least some bit of amusement in
the little doings of the day. I believe I could find something ridiculous