[time-nuts] Airraft Ping Timing

Peter Gottlieb nerd at verizon.net
Tue Mar 25 00:58:29 EDT 2014

This is how ELT locating satellites work (when not relaying the newer GPS data bursts).  Several on another list I watch suggested this pretty early on and I guess INMARSAT got the message.  I'd be curious to know if AFRCC pointed INMARSAT in that direction.

Really shows the value of precise and stable time references!