[time-nuts] Hydrogen Maser KIT! Update #1

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Mon Nov 3 20:07:22 EST 2014

Hi Corby,

I figured that you had a good reason, but from casual viewing
of the pictures you provided the coating looked pretty reasonable,
so I wondered.

The stabilizing agents are the key.  Teflon particles don't like
water sticking to them all that well, hence their use in things
like gortex.  The stabilizing agents are probably just a surfactant.

I think I might try an experiment with some of the teflon spray
lube relative to outgassing... If I can find a few spare hours.

I would suggest, that unless you are well experienced in handling
such coatings, you try it out on something easier to evaluate,
like perhaps a flask.

-Chuck Harris