[time-nuts] Practical considerations making a lab standard with an LTE lite

Jim Sanford wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org
Sun Nov 23 14:24:11 EST 2014

Interesting comment about the geothermal.

I have to take continuing education courses in order to maintain my PE;
one was in geothermal.

Intuitively, great for cooling, even (especially!) in Florida.
Intuitively, not so hot for heating, especially in PA, and especially
with the price of natural gas plummeting.

The guy who services our conventional AC and gas furnace was not very
enthused, when I told him I was considering geothermal for the next
cooling unit.  He got a little more enthused when he found out I already
have more pipe in the ground than I'd need (ft per ton of cooling
capacity) and a several thousand gallon in-ground tank. Still not
excited about it.  I really appreciate your new data point.

Shortly, I'll post response to all replies to my original post on this
topic.  For now, the bury it option might actually have use here.

Jim