[time-nuts] lightening protection of a GPSDO system / optical isolated distribution amp

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Wed Nov 26 18:26:17 EST 2014

Surround your house with a complete loop of #6 wire with 8-10 ft long ground rods every 10-12 ft (but no less than 6ft), bonded (clamped) to the ground at the service entrance. That's the simple answer.  The somewhat longer answer is in a recent copy of the ARRL Handbook.  Some will argue for smaller wire, etc, but those are just details.  I am not an expert in this field.

Bob - AE6RV