[time-nuts] lightening protection of a GPSDO system / optical isolated distribution amp

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Wed Nov 26 18:35:01 EST 2014

In my opinion,

I'd be inclined to find a way to run a suitable wire around the building.    I don't think you want your interior electrical wiring serving as the only bond between two different grounds if energy from a lightning strike flows thru your antenna feed line and then thru your time nuts gear that probably has a path to the other ground thru the wiring in the building.

Other fault conditions that cause significant currents to flow thru your ground system could also cause issues if the only bond between the two ground systems is thru your house wiring and time nuts gear.

Disclaimer I'm not an electrical engineer or lightning protection expert so please don't rely on this comment.

Mark Spencer