[time-nuts] 10811 Thermal fuse?

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Tue Sep 2 19:10:27 EDT 2014

On 9/2/2014 12:23 PM, Dan Rae wrote:
> I'm sure this has been discussed to death before, but does anyone know
> of a source of thermal fuses small enough to fit in the -hp- 10811?  I
> have found plenty of larger ones, none of which will fit and would
> rather not just link it out.
>
> Dan
Thanks for all the tips and advice.

The Chinese eBay ones (15A) I have bought before and they are physically
too big to fit.

Buerklin is a German distributor and will want 28 Euros to ship to the US.

I know I can link it out, but don't like doing that in something that is
powered on permanently.

I have found some Panasonic ones that Digikey distribute in the US, but
frustratingly the data sheets have no dimensions given.  I have ordered
some 1A and 2A ones to try, and will report further.

I suspect that the originals would have been around 115C.  And for
searching they seem to be called Thermal Cut Outs (TCO), not fuses.

Dan