[time-nuts] 10811 Thermal fuse?

Dave Daniel kc0wjn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 20:05:28 EDT 2014

I believe a thermal cut-out is a device which interrupts the circuit 
when a prescribed temperature is reached or exceeded (in some cases by  
heating from an increase in current through a conductor), but which 
re-connects the circuit once the temperature has dropped below the 
cut-out temperature (possibly with some hysteresis built in). A fuse, on 
the other hand, interrupts the circuit after a certain current threshold 
is exceeded (and, of course there is an increase in temperature related 
to the increase in current) but which is destroyed in the process out 
interrupting the circuit.


On 9/2/2014 5:10 PM, Dan Rae wrote:
> On 9/2/2014 12:23 PM, Dan Rae wrote:
>> I'm sure this has been discussed to death before, but does anyone 
>> know of a source of thermal fuses small enough to fit in the -hp- 
>> 10811?  I have found plenty of larger ones, none of which will fit 
>> and would rather not just link it out.
>> Dan
>> _______________________________________________
> Thanks for all the tips and advice.
> The Chinese eBay ones (15A) I have bought before and they are 
> physically too big to fit.
> Buerklin is a German distributor and will want 28 Euros to ship to the 
> US.
> I know I can link it out, but don't like doing that in something that 
> is powered on permanently.
> I have found some Panasonic ones that Digikey distribute in the US, 
> but frustratingly the data sheets have no dimensions given.  I have 
> ordered some 1A and 2A ones to try, and will report further.
> I suspect that the originals would have been around 115C.  And for 
> searching they seem to be called Thermal Cut Outs (TCO), not fuses.
> Dan
> _______________________________________________
> time-nuts mailing list -- time-nuts at febo.com
> To unsubscribe, go to 
> https://www.febo.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts
> and follow the instructions there.

More information about the time-nuts mailing list