[time-nuts] Correcting jitter on the 1 PPSsignalfromaGPSreceiver.

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon Sep 15 09:43:21 EDT 2014

How important are all these cable / termination / impedance issues for 1PPS signals? I know ringing and reflections are undesirable in many applications. But for 1PPS?

I often use pick whatever cable, termination, and trigger level gives the cleanest edge, the best risetime. What happens to the signal tens or hundreds of nanoseconds after the edge seems irrelevant to me. Could one of you RF experts comment?

/tvb