[time-nuts] HP10811 dual oven

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Tue Aug 4 21:53:28 EDT 2015

Charles

When I made the offer for the unit, I took the chance that it might be, I
saw that the s/n was 3505A02095, the same HP prefix
on my other dead dual oven 10811.

When I got it, my luck won this time, one of the coax cables is tagged 10
MHz and the other EFC.

A bit of background

The modules came from an HP system that was built for generating the master
T1/E1 clock in a central office. Some chassis
had 64 x 2.048 MHz outputs !

https://goo.gl/photos/t8oXfQ3AdQEFiji46

http://www.jackson-labs.com/assets/uploads/main/HP_AppNote.pdf

I chatted with the seller, The system he got took up 2 rack bays, It had
128 ouputs, and  it had a HP 5071A as the primary clock. Later version are
the ones used a GPS receiver.

http://atecorp.com/atecorp/media/pdfs/data-sheets/Agilent-58504A_Manual.pdf

I don't think many people know about the 55400A, they more then likely
didn't build many. I only read about it when this thing came up for sale.
My guess is there will not be a flood of them on the surplus market. And
sadly think of all the 5071A that more then likely ended up in a
E-Waste/Scrap yard.

-pete