[time-nuts] Has my TBolt gone south ?

Chris Waldrup kd4pbj at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 22:14:00 EDT 2015

I had an issue with mine and worked it out last night thanks to all of you great list members!! Thank you!!!!!!

Turned out to be a blown PNP SOT package transistor that feeds 5V to the antenna.

Do you have 5V on the F connector?

I saw your Lady Heather screenshot said antenna ok, but this is just a thought.

Mine was hanging at 1% self survey for days and after replacing the transistor and doing a factory reset it picked up all satellites and settled down to 0.04 ppb error.

I'll post details of the transistors (there are 5) in the vicinity of U19. Thanks to Matthias Jelen for the help.

On some models the transistors are on the other side of the board. The blown one on mine was marked C2N which is a Central Semiconductor CMPT404A and is carried by Mouser. It's listed as a PNP chopper transistor.

I used an On Semiconductor MMBT3906 that I had in stock and it worked fine.

The other four transistors are marked 5D, 1AM, 2A, and 2A.

Good luck and I hope you are able to fix your unit.

Chris

KD4PBJ

—
Sent from Mailbox