[time-nuts] 3 corner hat

Martyn Smith martyn at ptsyst.com
Wed Aug 26 11:06:04 EDT 2015

Hello,

Re my measurements with the timepod.

John Miles has now saved me a ton of work by telling me how to using three
sources in the timepod, to automatically get the absolute phase noise of a
device (without having to result to 3 corner formulae).

John, I have one more question.  What about the spurs?  My three sources are
the same type of oscillator but otherwise independent.

Any idea whether the resulting spurs are just from the unit under test (the
Ref Input), a combination of all thee sources or is there a chance that
spurious could be somehow cancelled out.

Best Regards

Martyn