[time-nuts] Chinese GPSDO 10 MHz error

Bob Benward rbenward at verizon.net
Thu Aug 27 21:25:26 EDT 2015

Attila,
I concur with you, what Azelio described is a standard off the shelf PLL.
An XOR for a Type I phase discriminator, characterized by a 90 degree phase
lock, and with more complicated logic, a Type II PLL which locks at zero
degrees.  In a well designed loop, in both cases over the long term the
frequency is exact, what it does have to a large extent, is phase jitter.

So how does someone measure an error to 2 parts in a hundred billion?  Or is
that a 2 cycle slip in 100 gig cycles?

Thanks to all that replied.

Bob