[time-nuts] looking for SMT oscillator SC cut, with no oven

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 30 10:28:10 EDT 2015

On 8/29/15 7:19 PM, Alex Pummer wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> go to your local city library get membership[ here in California it is
> free] , and ask them to get from the university  library, it will take
> some  time than they cal you the your stuff is there, you could have it
> for  four weeks if you need you could extend it for an other four weeks,
> the engineering library of the university of Berkeley is open to
> everybody, you can not take it out without additional formality, but you
> could read, copy, scan it there,
> I assume that works similarly in your state/ city/ university library,
> If you have a specific title, let me know, it will not happen right
> away, since I am working on five projects [for clients] also I am [life]
> member of the IEEE, where is not everything free any more, but people
> are reasonable
> 73

As a Californian, I thought similarly.. all the UC libraries are open to
the public and you can get free access to online resources (e.g. IEEE
Xplore) via free public workstations; although printing stuff costs
money.  There might be visiting hour restrictions for the general public
(no showing up at 3 AM), and most of them do require some kind of photo ID.

However, a bit of casual browsing shows that this is decidedly NOT the
case in other states.  The Ohio State University, as far as I can tell,
requires you to be a member of "Friends of the Library", which is not
free.  It was unclear whether free access to Univ of Washington
libraries includes online access (on-site).

Fascinating.

Local public libraries vary (even in California) on their interlibrary
loan/ability to request copies of articles. It depends on local budgets
and politics.