[time-nuts] Austron 1250A Tuning tool

John Reed ka5qep at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 21 08:56:23 EST 2015

I adjusted my 1250A using a 1/8" brass rod that I got from the hardware
store.  I filed down the end to make it into a screwdriver.  This worked
fine.  I could tell when the tip was engaged with the screw in the
oscillator by feeling it fall into place and then I could make the
adjustment.  The brass didn't have any effect on the frequency.  When I
removed the tool the frequency didn't change.  A metallic tool is needed
since the adjustment screw needs some torque to make it turn.