[time-nuts] HP 5370a

Matthias Jelen Matthias.Jelen at gmx.de
Sun Jul 5 05:13:58 EDT 2015

The problem is that the whole VCO is packaged. The
connections from the VCO to the outside world are fairly
simple: -5,2 Volt, a bias for the buffer amplifier, the
tuning voltage and the start/stop line. The start/stop line
is tied to gnd with 2.2 µH, so even if the start/stop
circuit woud fail I can´t see how the oscillator could be
kept from oscillating permanently.

Anyone successfullly opened such a package (without damaging
it permanently?)

Regards,

Matthias