[time-nuts] Firmware and antenna for Stanford Research FS700 Loran C frequency standard

Dr. David Kirkby - Kirkby Microwave Ltd drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 12:02:45 EDT 2015

Does anyone know of the latest firmware for the Stanford Research FS700 Loran-C
frequency standard? I know someone who has one with firmware 1.20, but I don't
know if there's any later firmware. I recall asking Stanford Research about
firmware for the SR620 but got no response, so I don't know if I will have any
better luck with the FS700.

What's the best sort of antenna for these? I know Stanford sell one, and by the
cost of new professional equipment, the $250 is not abnormally high, but I'd
rather look at building something if I purchase one of these standards. I did
think of using a half-wave dipole, but my garden is just a wee bit  too small.:-)

Dave

--
Dr. David Kirkby Ph.D CEng MIET
Kirkby Microwave Ltd