[time-nuts] Close in phase noise of microwave VCOs

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Jun 19 14:16:15 EDT 2015

On 6/17/2015 11:36 PM, Attila Kinali wrote:

> Do you have any recomendation, where an ordinary engineer could
> read up on this topic?
>
> 			Attila Kinali

There is always Floyd Gardners, Phase Lock Techniques.

However, a better tutorial would be the one written by
HP's Dieter Scherer which was published in Microwaves
& RF Magazine (or possibly Microwave Journal).  I believe
the same content was available from HP as an Ap Note or
something.

Can anyone give Attila pointer to this document?
I had a paper copy for many years but I am pretty
sure it was a victim of a major cleanup after I
retired.

Rick