[time-nuts] lawnmower robots may be the end of VLF timekeeping

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat May 9 14:05:48 EDT 2015

Hi,

On 05/09/2015 02:15 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> I spent some time capturing some data today.
>
> The measurements is from my $20 loop-antenna in the attic, which is
> something like 8 meters up and 10 meters besides the lawn-mower loop:
>
> 	http://phk.freebsd.dk/time/20150509.html

As a ham-operator who just got my license and started to listen to what
I have outside the door, I have been increasingly aware of the man-made
noise (QRM as we say) poluting in my neighborhood. Working to replace my
shitty antenna (Shield of a RG-58 as mounted 2,5 m up between a pair of
trees) with a proper OCF-dipole, in hope of at least get some good
signals in and out.

73 de Magnus SA0MAD