[time-nuts] Distributiuon Amlifier Altinex DA1804NT

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri May 29 04:38:20 EDT 2015

On Thu, 28 May 2015 23:21:31 -0400
Vlad <time at patoka.org> wrote:

> You are correct. I am using HP 5386A. And its only HP counter I have. I
> set Gate time equal to 10sec. May be this gate time is an issue ? The
> other settings is .1s, and 1s.
> Meantime, I did switch ref signal source from Trimble TB to Oscilloquarz
> 8663-SX OCXO and connected MV89A to counter input. 8 hours later, I'll
> see what will be on chart.

You might want to have a look the discussion
Subject: is there a cheap and simple way to measure OCXOs?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 15:11:03 +0200

Where i asked how to measure the phase noise of (coincidentaly)
some 8663's.

One technique to measure the phase noise would be to use your
PC's sound card (or rather a low noise external sound card).
You can find details how to do that at
http://attila.kinali.ch/phase_noise_measurement/
(Again, thanks to Azelio Boriani for the translation)

There have been many discussions on phase noise on this mailinglist,
you should be able to find plenty of input how to improve your setup
in the archvies.

				Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.