[time-nuts] The Symmetricom GPS Antenna's (Export licenses? are there any needed?)

jim s jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sat Oct 3 04:05:19 EDT 2015

Does anyone know of any issue with licensing (export licenses) for
these?  I seldom hesitate to ship old computer stuff I have, but that
GPS is technically a military tool gives me pause to step up. The vendor
may have such things ironed out, but individuals that step up here may
have a hassle to worse to send them to you guys in Europe.

Not sure of restrictions, maybe someone can comment.

Maybe a bulk buy thru someone who can transship to the appropriate place
in Europe then send out most economically from there would work.  But
high shipping rates is par for what I've had to pay to send computer
things one at a time to Europe.

I had a discussion just last week about shipping out a lot of test
equipment and RF stuff that the naive user might get into a world of
hurt shipping. (not Time Nut type but restricted).  There was not a lot
to indicate what was going to get you into trouble.

Typical problems were "just sell it to me and ship it to this export
broker @ xyz NYC or such) which of course doesn't relieve the seller of
responsibility of export licensing, etc.  This was done on several Ebay
sales just to clarify the problem and ways people overseas were trying
to get people to do the wrong thing.

thanks
Jim