[time-nuts] Z3805 service information ?

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Tue Sep 8 16:41:11 EDT 2015

Hi it seems the GPS module is not working and I suspect the power supply is failing.   After a few power cycles the unit started up and reported via rs232 that it could not communicate with the GPS receiver

The docxo still delivers great performance from an adev perspective and I have other gpsdo's so I'm going to defer any more work on this for the time being.  The docxo is probably the most valuable part right now.  It is far and away better than any of my other 10811's from an adev perspective.

Right now I'm kind of glad no one bought my jackson labs fury GPSDO.

I figure I got my money's worth from the Z3805 and my interest in time nuts pursuits has waned in recent years.

Also I seem to recall this Z3805 loosing GPS lock during a lightning storm as well.  (I recall some one else mentioned this issue with their Z3805.)

Sent from my iPhone