[time-nuts] Z380XA The saga of the aging 10811

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Sep 23 07:07:16 EDT 2015

Hi

> On Sep 22, 2015, at 11:49 PM, Bob Benward <rbenward at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> Continuing this discussion, I have included a PDF showing the past 30days of
> EFC.  Amazingly, the drift has reversed direction!

Yes, it’s fairly common. The standard advice with OCXO’s is to leave them on
power as much as you possibly can.

A bit more detailed explanation:

You have multiple processes that contribute to aging. They each have different rates, and
directions. Most of them follow a exponential decay. On a crummy oscillator, you may have
one really terrible process that dominates everything. On a good part, you will see reversals
and multiple slopes.

Bob