[time-nuts] Z380XA The saga of the aging 10811

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Sep 24 02:58:01 EDT 2015

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 23:49:25 -0400
"Bob Benward" <rbenward at verizon.net> wrote:

> Continuing this discussion, I have included a PDF showing the past 30days of
> EFC.  Amazingly, the drift has reversed direction!  Anyone have any insights
> into this behavior?  Each data point represents 10 seconds.

Vig and Meeker have written a good paper on aging of quartz crystals[1],
which lists quite of few of the aging mechanisms and references papers
that have studied them. If you cannot access it, a (very short) summary
can be found in Vig's Crystal Oscillator Tutorial [2].

			Attila Kinali

[1] "The Agin of Bulk Acoustic Wave Resonators, Filters and Oscillators",
by Vig, Meker, 1991

[2] http://ko4bb.com/manuals/index.php?dir=02_GPS_Timing/John_Vig_Tutorials_on_Crystal_Oscillators

--
Reading can seriously damage your ignorance.
		-- unknown