[time-nuts] Possible GPS Interference test

James Flynn james.flynn at csun.edu
Wed Sep 30 12:03:38 EDT 2015

Hal Murray <hmurray at ...> writes:

> What sort of gear did that?  Was it a GPSDO that went into holdover?
Has it
> gone into holdover at other times?

I am running a proof of constant test bed comparing time/transfer method
using another medium with simple GPS time receiver.  I have a disciplined
double oven crystal oscillator that is generating the 1PPS signal for
comparison. GPS receiver is a Navman T-60 in position hold mode (timing).

I will see missing pulse errors if the time signal is invalid.  I was not
seeing those except at very end.

The anomalous behavior lasted on and off (mostly on) until 1330Z Sept 30
(this morning). There were large timing errors in the last ten minutes or
so and then signal seemed to settle down to normal.

I am away from experiment at moment, but what I could check remotely
indicated everything was running hot, straight and normal.

I will check it again when I get back and put up data.

I have not seen this before but was not running during earlier GPS
interference tests.