[time-nuts] HP OCXO warmup graphs

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Apr 23 17:04:26 EDT 2016

This is the result of a HP 5334B with opt 010 watching a GPSDO.  It was
unplugged for a week or two while I was rearranging things.

You have to stand on your head.  Normally you assume the reference clock is
good and use that to watch some external signal.  In this case, the external
signal is better than the reference so we can use it to calibrate the
reference.

The offset is the way it came.  I've never adjusted it.  I'm just assuming it
isn't changing much over this time scale after it gets warmed up.  In
particular, I want to watch what happens when a GPSDO recovers from holdover.

http://users.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/HP-5334B-warmup.png
http://users.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/HP-5334B-warmup-2.png

The wiggles are probably room temperature.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.