[time-nuts] Looking to find an antenna for a TrueTime XL-DC

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Aug 4 21:02:35 EDT 2016

rick.jones2 at hpe.com said:
> HalM was kind enough to come over the other day with some antennae which  we
> tried without success.

I was going to suggest taking the cover off and looking inside but it fell
off my to-do list.

GPS receivers are reasonably specialized.  I doubt it anybody makes one
targeted at the down-converter market.

Is there an up-converter in there feeding a normal receiver?  If so, it might
be possible/easy to bypass.

If it looks like a direct connection to a normal receiver, I'd guess it has
special firmware.  It might be possible to replace it with one with normal
firmware.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.