[time-nuts] Oscillator Phase Noise: A 50-Year Review

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Aug 7 18:10:37 EDT 2016

Well, it is nothing but his personal recollection of the events, so that
is expected. It represents one voice of several. Better have that on
record than it being lost. But it is not the complete story. That would
have to be collected over a much larger set of people.

BTW. Ref 44 in this paper is one of Edson's articles.

I've read Chapter 15 of Edson's book, and it provides a model, but fail
to include flicker noise, which is in Leesons model. It is a
straight-forward extension thought. I don't have access to any of his
articles, except the one-page letter that Rick linked.

There is surely more work to be done to build a more comprehensive
detail of events, show where ideas came up, was re-invented,
incorporated and extended. Edson clearly contributed.

Cheers,
Magnus