[time-nuts] HP 3010Axxxxx oscillator

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Tue Aug 16 17:44:12 EDT 2016

Corby wrote:

> The 3010A prefix identifies that date it was made.

Specifically, it identifies the "series" of the product -- the date the
last revision to the product was adopted.  The "3010" part is the
encoded date for that particular series (10th week of the 30th year past
HP "year one"), and the "A" indicates that it was manufactured in the
US.  [I've forgotten what "year one" was for the Instrument Division.
It was 1960 for the calculators -- I/D may also have used 1960.]

Best regards,

Charles