[time-nuts] OT: ExpressPCB (cross-post from volts-nuts)

Herbert Poetzl herbert at 13thfloor.at
Tue Dec 13 11:36:05 EST 2016

On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 08:25:52PM -0800, Chris Albertson wrote:
> Lowest price I've found is BasicPCB.com They charge $3 per
> square inch for 2 layers with mask and legend.

OSHpark charges $5 per square inch for the standard 2 layer
order (which include three boards, i.e. actually 3 square
inch or $5/3 per square inch) including mask and silk screen
on both sides, no limit to vias or general drill hits but
unfortunately no electrical check.

> Minimum is three boards of 1 square inch. So you actually
> can place a $9 order with them.

You can get a a lot lower with OSHpark there, I had orders
below 2 USD and they ship for free, worldwide.

> They are a USA based company.

OSHpark too.

> They accept standard Gerber files.

Besides Gerbers, they also process KiCad and Eagle design
files.

> This is very impotent as a few others like PCBexpress make
> you use their proprietary layout software and then you are
> locked into that company for production runs too.

Yes, nasty.

> You need a workflow that uses Gerber files.

Best,
Herbert