[time-nuts] HP 10811 40 Hz low.

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:08:13 EST 2016

Great comments.
I can confirm the oven behaviors. The out is not needed. It is controlled
from the micro and warms slowly at about 17 volts. Gets to 150 F after a
solid hour as long as its insulated other wise it has a hard time keeping
up with ambient air. The 10811 does heat quickly to the 85C. I have
measured it and it is heating to 85.
So unfortunately not my lucky day. Opamp would be a piece O-cake.
So all that said time to move on.
By injecting 10 MHz from a TBolt I hoped to get things running. Just to see.
But I think I have a second issue. HP satstat and gps control report the
OCXO warming up. Never gets to the hot point. Now the 108011 is out of
circuit and per the 10811 manual I am supplying a 3.5V signal to the cpu.
But it never changes state.
The second issue was the bad 10811 has made the DAC goes to 100%. So far no
luck in it changing. But of the ovens not warm I could see why the system
would not adjust the EFC. I am hoping away from 100%.
A system preset does tell the DAC to go to a mid range level but after some
10 or seconds it jumps back to max.
I almost might believe I would need to do a fast dance. restart and very
quickly tell it to write the data to eeprom. I am not that fast.
Have been searching th net for clues about reseting teh dac. No luck.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL