[time-nuts] New Member + Basic Questions

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Jan 16 01:24:20 EST 2016

On 1/14/2016 12:35 PM, Nathan Johnson wrote:
> What does the group think of the HP 8660? Just scored a broken one too cheap to
> pass up. I know it's not gonna be the last signal generator I buy, but for under
> $100 shipped it should be an interesting project.
> Nathan KK4REY

When I worked at HP, I had the chance to discuss this product
with various engineers who were involved in its development.
It frankly wasn't one of the better products in the line.
It has a high broadband noise floor.  The follow on
product, the 8662, is MUCH better.  No comparison.

Rick Karlquist N6RK