[time-nuts] GPS jumps of -13.7 us?

NeT MonK netmonk at netmonk.org
Fri Jan 29 15:05:36 EST 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Martin Burnicki <
martin.burnicki at burnicki.net> wrote:

> Hello Net Monk,
> I don't know the details of your PTP setup, but we (at Meinberg) have
> already had another customer some time ago where a Cisco switch acting
> as boundary clock didn't send UTC data reliably when the grandmaster was
> switched.
>
> So eventually you should contact Cisco and see if there is an update
> available for the switch where this is fixed.
>
> Martin

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your reply and details, this is also what i already stated on
my incident report.
My ptp client applied the utc offset when the flag disappeared which lead
to this jump forward and backward.

A call is already opened to Cisco and they are coming in coming weeks for
auditing the ptp infra.

Regards.