[time-nuts] GPS jumps of -13.7 us?

r1ftrouter r1ftrouter at hushmail.com
Sat Jan 30 07:46:33 EST 2016

Cisco as a boundary clock is susceptible to error. Ive seen under conditions of cpu-bound high traffic load (bgp event, high levels of broadcast) the ptp process has a lower interrupt priority on the scheduler and therefore prone to more jitter when it comes to acting as a master. As the Cisco devices do not accept a pps input one is better off using a server which does for greater master clock stability, or going to what device recieves your signal from GPS antennae.

Dont expect too much from TAC on this btw.

//r1ftrouter