[time-nuts] Good GPSDO?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 02:10:20 EDT 2016

I am just getting into the precise time and frequency stuff.  I thought I
should buy a GPSDO.

There are quite a few similar-looking ones on eBay, such as eBay number
281802105734

There is also a Trimble at 252162780444

Would either of these be OK for a newbie like me?

Richard

Richard,

You might also look at a rather more versatile product - Leo Bodnar's
Precision Frequency Reference (GPS Clock):

  http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=234

with multiple programmable frequency outputs.  I have one of these and find
it quite handy.  For a fixed frequency board-level product, the LTE-Lite
Evaluation Board:

  http://www.jackson-labs.com/index.php/products/lte_lite

The Trimble stuff is rather dated now, and uses fewer satellites than the
more recent units.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu