[time-nuts] OXCO Spurious Output at Line Frequencies

Martyn Smith martyn at ptsyst.com
Tue Jul 12 06:44:31 EDT 2016

Hello,

I have a customer who is measuring the phase noise of my 10 MHz ultra-low phase noise frequency standard.

He is seeing spurious signals at line frequencies (50 and 100 Hz as we are in Europe) at a level around -130 dBc.

My opinion is that it's impossible to get much better than that.  Even running on batteries make little difference, since the equipment is in a test rack with AC signals everywhere.

Even the £50k R&S test set he is using only quotes a spurious spec of -90 dBc.

What experience does anyone have here?

Best Regards

Martyn