[time-nuts] OT stuffing boards: was GPS interface/prototyping

Jay Grizzard elfchief-timenuts at lupine.org
Thu Jun 23 21:28:27 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 11:28:00PM +0000, Mark Sims wrote:
> A usable re-flow oven can be had for $300.

Do you (or anyone) have suggestions for usable reflow ovens in this price
range? Every time I've gone looking on Amazon, I've found ovens which
(according to reviews) had cycle timers were *horribly* off, to the point
they would sometimes burn boards by keeping them at peak temperature
for 2x - 3x as long as they were programmed to. Though you can work
around that if you really want to, this really doesn't meet my definition
of "usable".

Am I missing some obvious cheapie oven without these types of problems?

-j