[time-nuts] OT stuffing boards: was GPS interface/prototyping

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Jun 23 22:33:33 EDT 2016

Hi

Both the T962 and the T962A’s work ok. You need to re-tape them and re-flash the
firmware. They *are* IR reflow machines and you have to design with that in mind. The IR
process has never been a good idea for 85C rated black cased plastic capacitors. Is it
better or worse than a converted toaster? That depends on how much work you did on
the toaster…..

If you simply want a more plug and play with less thinking involved, machine  there are others up
in the $1500 to $2000 range.

I’ve been doing SMT assembly for 40 years. I have never ever seen anybody with a process
that “just worked”. They all involve some amount of fine tuning and design optimization.

Bob