[time-nuts] OT stuffing boards: was GPS interface/prototyping board

Oz-in-DFW lists at ozindfw.net
Fri Jun 24 13:17:27 EDT 2016

On 6/24/2016 9:32 AM, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 20:16:34 -0500
> Oz-in-DFW <lists at ozindfw.net> wrote:
>> Solder stencils make **all** the difference.
> Oh, yes! Please, do not try syringe dispensers! These fail more often than
> they work. Also pay the additional couple of bucks to get a steel stencil
> instead of a kapton one. Especially if you make more than one or two boards
> or those with fine pitch.
>
> 			Attila Kinali

Laser cut Kapton are fine for a few boards - up to 5 or so.  You start
seeing the effects of use after six or eight and steel is clearly a
value. . I use them for most protos.

If I'm doing anything really fine that would drive me to steel on
resolution alone, I pay someone else to do it.

Oshstencils are cheap, and they will do 4 mill Stainless Steel for 2X
Kapton cost.  Deal if I'm doing more than 5 boards.

mailto:oz at ozindfw.net
Oz
POB 93167
Southlake, TX 76092 (Near DFW Airport)