[time-nuts] WWVB format change in 2012

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Mar 1 03:51:46 EST 2016

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
> Folks, I am trying to trace down xtendwave.  They seem to have released a
> Everset IC, and then renamed themselves to Everset in 2013 or 2014.

Contact Paul Swed or me off-list about this.

> Is there *any* commercial gear available for WWVB at all, today?  Price is
> not an issue, just a public product page will do.

Time by radio -- WWVB (and DCF-77, MSF, JJY) -- is still in use. But most of the high-end commercial timing companies have long since switched to GPS. Now that most everyone on the planet has a mobile phone or WiFi or internet, the need for 1-bit-per-second time over LF or SW radio is not as great as it was 20 years ago.

But you asked for product pages. Try these:

https://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/products/usb-wwvb-clock.htm

https://www.lacrossetechnology.com/clocks/atomic-digital/wall/
https://www.lacrossetechnology.com/clocks/atomic-analog/

http://www.casio.com/products/Watches/wave_ceptor/