[time-nuts] WWVB format change in 2012

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Mar 1 03:53:13 EST 2016

ghane0 at gmail.com said:
> Is there *any* commercial gear available for WWVB at all, today?  Price is
> not an issue, just a public product page will do.

I don't know of any gear that is currently available in the US.

A few years ago, you used to be able to get a small board and ferrite
antenna.  I think it was under $20.  I just poked around and they are no
longer available.
  https://www.sparkfun.com/products/retired/10060
They have a link to the data sheet if you are curious.  It's an old chip that
only decodes the AM part of the signal so it doesn't get the advantages of
the new modulation.

This might be a lead if you are in the UK:
  http://www.tuxcat.com/benjy/ham/WWVB/

If you are desperate, consider buying a battery powered clock and taking it
apart to find the antenna and WWVB chip.  The chip will probably be under a
blob of epoxy.  You will have to hack the board.  ...

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.