[time-nuts] Effect of the Antenna Delay in setting in Z380!A

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Tue Mar 1 04:49:58 EST 2016

On 2/29/2016 11:36 PM, Andy wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>
> For those of who might care I would assume that actually taking the coax
>> and measuring the delay at 1.5GHZ would be better than relying on the
>> manufactures published specs for velocity factor.  I was going to set up
>> and measure the delay with a signal generator and  good oscilloscope (I
>> have a 7104 1GHZ scope which still shows decent signal at 1.5 GHZ)
>>

> Technically I think what you would want to measure is the group delay, not
> the phase delay.
>
> Andy

If by group delay you mean the additional delays inside the Z3801A I
would think HP/Semetricom would have taken that into account in the
firmware and that only delay external to the Z3801A is "compensated" for ...

Dave
NR1DX

--
Dave